MINDFUL YIN YOGA ONLINE
For Yoga Students and Yoga Teachers
A COMPREHENSIVE YIN YOGA TRAINING
Gain Confidence, Learn New Techniques, Get Inspired.
Juno Award winning Vocalist, Ottawa, Canada
"I am so enjoying working my through this program. Jennifer's teaching style is open, approachable, engaging and so very informative. With each segment, my knowledge of the methodology and history behind yin yoga and mindfulness deepens and grows. And what a wonderful service to provide this information in an online format, opening up the learning to those of us who are unable to attend a regular course. I would suggest her training wholeheartedly."
"I absolutely loved Jennifer's course! Her approach to Yin was beautiful and she provided more information than I expected to receive. Not only that but her suggestions for what to take a deeper look into to expand the practice were inspirational. I am happy that continued access to the course is available since it was overflowing with details. I can only imagine how reviewing it again in the coming weeks and months will only strengthen my practice and teachings. One of the things I appreciated most about the course is how many variations Jennifer provided for each pose. It will really come in handy since my students are mostly beginner and less flexible. It will allow me to teach in a way that is accessible to all levels, which will certainly help me feel more confident as a teacher. If you are considering learning Yin, I highly recommend you start with this. Jennifer is an incredible teacher and I am so grateful I came across her course!"
Yoga Teacher and Holisitc Coach, Columbia, Pennsylvania
Understand How to Teach Yin Yoga
Clear and easy to understand lessons are broken into physical practice videos, video presentations and lectures, audio meditations, readings, and worksheets.
Based on the core modules of Jennifer Raye's Mindful Yin Yoga in-person teacher training, this program will give you the tools to teach intelligent, inspiring, and safe yin yoga classes.Deepen your Study and Personal Practice
Yoga students and teachers of all skill levels will find this training deeply informative and unique because of Jennifer's extensive background, experience, and training, in not only yin yoga, but also Traditional Chinese Medicine, meridian theory, and mindfulness practice.Get Certified and Learn from Home
Course participants receive a yin yoga certificate of completion and 30 hours to use with the Yoga Alliance (or other applicable organization).
This course is entirely online. You have unlimited access, you can go at your own pace, and you can return to the lessons and the practices as many times as you would like.
PAST PARTICIPANTS LOVE the program:
"I am thrilled with the quality of the materials and the delivery of the videos. Jennifer’s teachings are clear and balanced and I think that this teaching has come to me at the ‘just the right time’. Loving every second and so grateful to work at my own pace. Thank you for putting this course together."
"Jennifer is a master teacher with a great command of the topic, skill, and learning process. She demonstrates wisdom of knowing and integration of practice. The information was communicated in a clear concise way introducing very complicated theory/subject matter in simple, yet complete terms and context. The experiential nature of the learning process is captured in the audio and video practices. The visuals and sound are clear and Jennifer executes each lesson in a relaxed,aligned and easy to follow way. Yes, I recommend this course!"
Registered Yoga Teacher, British Columbia, Canada
Registered Yoga teacher, Michigan, USA
"I liked the different postures demonstrated, along with the corresponding props that went with them. I also liked learning about the meridians and their corresponding organs. After Mindful Yin Yoga Online I’m better at teaching yin, recommending props for class, and I’m better at personal practice and meditation. I would recommend this course. It teaches yin thoroughly and can be used as continuing education credits for the yoga alliance."
LEARN MORE about Mindful Yin Yoga Online...
INCLUDED IN MINDFUL YIN YOGA ONLINE:
- Over 35 video lessons on topics related to yin yoga, Chinese Medicine, breath practices, meridians, anatomy, mindfulness and more.
- Yin Yoga Certificate and 30 hours of continuing education
- Readings, handouts, diagrams, and worksheets to accompany the video tutorials
- Weekly emails and guides with complete instructions
- Downloadable practice videos
- Downloadable audio meditations
- Links and resources to stay focused and inspired after the training
- Lifetime access to future updates
MEET YOUR GUIDE
LICENSED TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE PRACTITIONER AND E-RTY 3000+ YOGA TEACHER
Jennifer Raye holds her doctorate in Traditional Chinese Medicine and is a licensed Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner, acupuncturist, holistic nutritionist, and ERYT 500 (experienced) mindful yoga and meditation teacher.
With over a decade of practice and serious full time study Jennifer has completed thousands of hours of training and teaching with an emphasis on yin yoga and contemplative practices. She maintains a private medical practice and has been faculty at a number of educational institutions including advanced yoga therapy trainings and Pacific Rim College of Integrative Medicine.
She currently teaches a number of ongoing classes, retreats, workshops, mentorships, and teacher training related to yin yoga, movement therapeutics, anatomy, herbal medicine, nutrition, psychology, and mindfulness.
Jennifer has worked with thousands of students and clients all over the world. Those who work with Jennifer appreciate the warm container she provides which allows them to dive deeply into physical, emotional, and spiritual well being.
For more info about Jennifer visit: jenniferraye.com
More Graduate Feedback:
Registered Clinical Counsellor
I specifically liked the information about Meridians. I benefited from Mindful Yin Yoga Online because I could take the training at my pace, and watch the video as many times as I wanted until I fully understood it. I would recommend this course because it helps to understand meridians and how Yin Yoga can benefit mental health. I look forward to joining a retreat training in the future!
This course was clearly presented, had a nice combination of audio, visual and text material. I benefitted from the course. It is very accessible.
Yoga Teacher, South Africa
"I thought Jennifer's way of presenting was so precise and clear it was easy to follow and actually retain the knowledge. I loved her videos. I had never done an online training certification and wasn't sure how it would work but I actually love that I can go back and watch the videos at any time to review. I think I really benefited from the history of yin yoga as Jennifer explained it as well. And adding the meridians tied it all together for me in a way that made me fall in love with it. I would definitely recommend this course! I will continue to follow Jennifer and her videos and special classes. I love her teaching style. Her guided meditations really resonate with me. Not forcing or manipulating the breath but spending time exploring it and studying it was really helpful for me."
"Before signing up I wasn’t sure of the scope of material presented. But I have absolutely benefitted from Mindful Yin Yoga Online. It has renewed my interest in yin and has contributed to the yin classes that I teach. The yin classes and meditation were wonderful and I loved the presentations. I would recommend this course. It gives a thorough background for a yin practice."
Yoga Teacher, Massachusetts, USA
Yin Yoga Foundations:
- History of yoga and yin yoga
- Taoism and yin and yang
- What is yin yoga?
- Yin yoga foundational principles
- Reasons to practice yin yoga
- Physical, energetic, and psychological benefits of yin yoga
- Breath anatomy
- Working with the breath in your practice
Yin Yoga Asana, Variations, and Anatomy:
- Yin yoga asana principles
- Yin yoga anatomy
- Explanation of fascia, connective tissue, collagen, elastin, ground substance, bone, tendons, ligament, joints, hyaluronic acid, synovial fluid
- How movement affects the body, tissues, and fluids
- Cautions and contraindications for practicing and teaching yin yoga
- Explanation and breakdown of all major yin poses including forward folds, backbends, twists, poses for the hips, feet, and upper body
- How to use counterposes
- Variations and alternatives for different body types, limitations, and injuries
- How to use props in your yin yoga practice and teaching
- Sequencing yin yoga classes
- Sample yin yoga sequences
Chinese Medicine Theory and Meridians:
- Chinese Medicine theory and how it relates to yoga practice
- The 5 elements according to Chinese Medicine
- Connecting the 5 elements, organs, seasons, and emotions
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and the "subtle" or energetic body
- The function of the meridian system and how Qi works
- Videos and downloadable diagrams of locations of all 14 main meridians - Lung, Large Intestine, Kidney, Bladder, Liver, Gallbladder, Heart, Pericardium, "Triple Burner", Small Intestine, Spleen, Stomach, Ren, and Du
- Location and functions of important acupressure points
Mindfulness, Self Care, Teaching, and Practicing:
- Practicing and teaching mindfulness
- Meditation techniques
- Four foundations of mindfulness
- Hindrances to practice
- Practices to cultivate self care and kindness
- How to create a home self practice
Guided Practices and Meditations:
- Yin Yoga Practice for the spine
- Yin Yoga Practice for the hips
- Yin Yoga Practice for mindfulness
- Yin Yoga Practice for the whole body
- Yin Yoga Practice for fatigue and the Kidney and Bladder meridians
- Yin Yoga Practice for digestion and the Spleen and Stomach meridians
- Yin Yoga Practice for immunity and the Lung and Heart Meridians
- Yin Yoga Practice for the Wood Element
- Breath Practice #1
- Breath Practice #2
- Breath Practice #3
- Mindfulness Practice #1
- Mindfulness Practice #2
- Mindfulness Practice #3
- Mindfulness Practice #4
JOIN US TODAY:
More Graduate Feedback:
Nova Scotia, Canada
Jennifer has really done an outstanding job of making this engaging and informative at the same time. It is one of the best overview’s of yoga & yin history that I have encountered. Thanks for making this available online!
I have greatly enjoyed my weeks of training with you. I remember the excitement from when I signed up - and that excitement held throughout the entirety of this training. I have grown confident in my knowledge of the meridian systems - even finding a few tender acupressure points on my husband, thanks to you!!! Yin yoga, is certainly a love of mine, and has taken my teaching and practices to an entirely new level. I have learnt so much, about myself, the body! - ITS ALL SO AWESOME! Thank you for all that you have shared with me, and many others throughout this training! And for starting my Yin Yoga journey!!!
Yoga Teacher, Australia